Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ten things I'm thankful for in Ten

Yesterday I was thinking about things that I'm thankful for in 2010 that I didn't realize were so great in 2009.  Here's 10 things that I would have turned up my nose at last year, but now I'm glad to have them.
1.  Toothless Grins:  I mean I personally don't want one, plus I have a good dentist, but look at this one.  Who wouldn't love this?!?!?!
2.  Bathtime:  I never really liked taking baths, but I found it pretty relaxing while I was pregnant.  I've since discovered something better, bathtime with Adelaide is so much fun.  She really likes the water and I'm teaching her to splash and kick and I love to see that big toothless grin!
3.  Tucks Pads:  Pregnancy and childbirth can really do a number on you...enough said...
4.  Cream that you wipe on other people's butts:  I've always thought that a career in nursing would be out for me because of things like this, but diaper rash cream is pretty awesome. 
5.  A little bit of flab: I don't really want flab, but I have it right now because I have Adelaide, so it's ok (for now).
6.  Laundry:  I've always disliked putting away clothes more than any other chore except emptying the dishwasher.  However, I don't mind laundry as much anymore, even though we have a lot more of it.  I'm happy to be using cloth diapers and they've got to get clean somehow!
7.  Large pieces of fabric the you wrap around your body:  Before a baby, I would say that wearing fabric that in a way that somewhat resembles a sumo wrestler would be a fashion no-no, but now, I say fashion yes.  These baby wearing devices are awesome and allow me to walk around and use my arms.
8.  Big boobs: Well to be 100% honest, I still don't really adore them, but they're doing me a solid and feeding my baby.  It's just too bad that they had to get SO MUCH bigger.  Here's hoping that don't stay like this forever...or one day I'll have to be thankful for plastic surgeons.
9.  Projectile (anything):  Yes, I am even thankful for projectile poop.  I have yet to experience projectile vomit, we'll see if this still holds up then.
10.  Very little sleep:  If you know me, then you know how much I cherish my sleep.  It's one of my favorite pasttimes.  However, I am happy to sacrifice some sleep time for Adelaide.  But, I'm about 100 times as thankful that she started sleeping through the night already!


2 comments:

Dawn said...

You're hilarious.

saskia said...

big boobs are a great thing to be greatful for! :) What a cutie your babe is!