Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's been a long time...my friend

Oh blog, I've missed you so and I'm sorry I haven't written in such a long time.
I just finished 6 weeks of class and now I finally have some time to write and I am excited. I have 2 more classes over the next 6 weeks, but hopefully they won't require me to cook/bake for 10 hours a week!
I have one great topic that I'd like to write about since I had to do a lot of traveling this spring. That topic is airport bathrooms. When you travel alone, you come to appreciate thoughtful design of an airport bathroom. First, you really do need a stall that is bigger than a normal stall. Kudos to you, Detroit airport designers. You successfully created a stall where carry-on luggage can be manuevered into the stall without having to stand on the toilet. Both me, my bladder, and my luggage appreciated the ease of entry and exit of your stalls. You even took it up a notch by having the door open out, instead of in, and I will give you a big, fat kiss if we ever meet in person. There are many airport bathrooms that don't live up to your quality, there is nothing more terrible than having a door that opens in, inside a stall that is already too small for a person and her carry-on and backpack.
The second most important thing is having enough stalls in the bathroom to handle the traffic. Three stalls doesn't cut it, Portland, ME, it just doesn't cut it. When you're pregnant, you appreciate bathrooms that allow you to walk right in and do your business without waiting in line.
So, I'd just like to say, take connecting flights through Detroit if you are looking for great bathrooms and a weird, trippy tunnel that might remind you of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

No comments: