Monday, January 12, 2009

Waiting...makes everything seem worse.

Well, I need to revisit my New Year's Resolution since I basically wasted no time in breaking it. I've had a hard time blogging over the past week because challenges and uncertainty make it difficult for me to acknowledge the blessings in my life. However, difficult times are probably the most important times to be grateful, so I have the opportunity to learn a lot right now.

The last week felt like it stretched out into a month. I guess that happens when you feel as if you're awaiting gloom. It's tough to be thankful when you find out that your pregnancy might not proceed. I got the final news that I had a miscarriage Thursday, but after spending six days knowing that something was likely wrong, it was actually a relief to have a definite answer. So, I am giving God thanks for not leaving me to wrestle with the "ifs" anymore.

No comments: